This video does not do Miles justice. He has totally grown up into an overnight singing sensation. He's trying to follow in his mother's WINK footsteps (refer to "Strawberry Miles" from July 2007--an earlier post about my pop group's demise). I can hardly believe my boy will be two in October. What happened to my baby? I believe I want another one. I'll be honest, I've been feeling the baby blues lately. A HUGE part of me is ready to be out of the baby stage (especially since Miles peed in the potty the other night--yippee skippy), but THEN, I see a tiny baby and my heart just melts. Okay, Tiff, snap out of it, this post is about Miles. Miles is talking more than ever these days. I wish I could record a day's worth of conversation. It's wild how quickly he has picked up the English language. I'll narrate a typical morning of phrases/tricks:
- I not sleepy. Turn it on (talking about his humidifier that I have just switched off).
- I want sausage--HOT. Cut it. Need a fork (which does NOT come out sounding appropriate) My milk? I get it.
- It's at this point that he runs out of the room to retrieve his blankie and doggie (whom he calls Awgie) who must sit directly behind his booster chair and dine with him.
- He might go rummaging through drawers and locates some "batties" aka batteries which have become his FAVORITE possession these days. Hint, hint this would be the perfect birthday gift for him =).
- After forgetting about the batties, he decides to do some jumping and dancing with which he tells me "I won't faw down, OK."
- Want cwoes and shoesocks. Shoe socks has always been one word for him. He knows it's time to go when we start getting the kids dressed. Don't touch it is what he says when I'm changing his diaper along with pee in da potty.
- As soon as we get in the van, he states push button which means he wants to close the door which is impossible with him strapped into his seat. Once we're in route to our destination he starts chanting want takieanka (which is an odd Wiggles song that he LOVES).
- See Donald's (pointing to McD's)--and I think to myself, WHY NOT?, I could certainly use a Big Mac in my life.
Placing the batties in the chair for breakfast.

Cute post!!! I can't believe he is going to be TWO!!!!
ReplyDeleteSuch a big boy!! You should definitely go for 4!!! I've always wanted 4 and no matter how insane my life gets, I think I'll always feel a little incomplete if I stop short of that. I've told this story a million times, but we ran into an older couple from church at a deli last year, and they had their VERY elderly mother/mother-in-law with them. We all sat down to eat together, and they asked us if we wanted more children. I said we wanted four, but didn't know what God had in store for us. The fragile elderly mother had been very quiet. She turned to me and said, "I have four children. Four feels like a lot when they're little, but it doesn't feel like a lot anymore..." She said it in this somber tone that conveyed that her children were all she had in the whole world anymore. I about broke down bawling right there and then, and I've thought about that each and every time I'm tempted to stop at two or three!
ReplyDelete