Monday, October 27, 2008

A new addition...


and NO we're not pregnant. We are officially pet owners again. This time it's a pet hamster named Princess Sparkles. Karson is thrilled to have her very own pet, and I'm happy for her. I decided to veto the decision to "not get a hamster" when she came home last week with a Family Pic-to-Gram which included three boxes: adults, kid's and pet's. Karson, of course, only had pictures drawn in the first two boxes. Soooo, on Saturday, she and I went to Petco. Since, I knew NOTHING about owning a hamster, I sought the advice of the trained staff and purchased a Black Bear (which are supposed to be the most friendly and fun). After buying all the supplies and signing the following statement: I commit to being a responsible pet owner by providing a loving, safe and appropriate environment for my companion, we packed up Princess and headed home. Surely, they didn't notice that I had my fingers crossed behind my back =). No, I hope that Princess Sparkles has a long and happy two years in our home.

4 comments:

  1. I love Princess Sparkles pink house. I bet Karson is going to be a great 'mommy'. Congrats on the new addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not so sure how I feel about hamsters. But, you are one super mommy to go along with it. And, to do it up right! She does have a fabulous pink house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh joy... I'm happy for you (at least I know I'm happy it's you and not me!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I'm impressed. When Natalie Kate came home with a similar paper I told her she could draw our friend's boxer...or a pet she would like to own one day! :-) Seemed to make her happy for now. You go on with your new pet. I'm voting you mom of the year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for peeking into our lives and better yet, taking the time to comment. I love knowing I actually have readers out there.