What's the purpose of a blog if you can't brag a little about your kids, eh? Karson came home from school on Friday and she and I had the following conversation:
-------
K: "Mom, is there some things I can do around to earn money?"
T: "Yeah, I can think of some things for you to do. Why?"
K: "Well, my P.E. teacher wants us all to bring in $5 next Friday. You see, there are some kids and their hearts aren't good and there's a jump rope thing and we need to raise money."
(At this point my heart melted at my daughter's obvious selflessness. I mean, really, how cool is it that she wanted to earn money for someone else. It reminds of the scripture in Matthew 18:4 "Therefore, whoever, humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.")
K: "I'll do WHATEVER you ask."
T: "Okay, do 700 push-ups =)."
K: "MooooMMM."
T: "No, I can think of stuff you can do like make your bed each morning and help around the house doing chores."
And so the conversation continued. Karson is earning her money each day. I am teaching her the value of helping out around the house doing chores. Plano Elementary is teaching her the value of helping others. And God is blessing each of those works.

What an Awesome little girl you have!!
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome! Way to go Karson!
ReplyDeleteOh, this melts my heart. I'm praying that Anna Kate will grow to be JUST like Karson!
ReplyDeleteOh, my gosh!! I had a tear roll down my face. That is so sweet. You are such a great mom!!!
ReplyDelete