Friday, August 7, 2009

Finally a First Grader

I guess you could say that my wish came true. I wasn't ready for Karson to start school this week. It doesn't feel like I've even had her that long this summer. What happened to starting school at the end of August and getting out in early May? The girl has been healthy as a horse (what does that mean anyway?) all summer long but somehow managed to pick up strep throat the day before school started. She'd been complaining for a couple of days about her throat hurting, but it came to a BREAKING point on Monday. She moaned and groaned and actually slept most of the day--way out of character for her. That night she started running a fever and THREW UP (ugh). I immediately called and emailed her teacher to tell her that Karson WOULD NOT be attending school on Tuesday. We decided to go ahead and get her to the doctor the next morning since the school year started. Dr. Chris diagnosed her with strep, put her on antibiotics and advised us not to send her to school until Thursday.
Staying at home with her pesky bros. just what the doctor ordered =).
I mean really who'd want to miss the amazing adventures of Miles "the powder wainger" and Isaac "the hulkman, pirate, wolf boy"???
Karson and her new teacher Ms. Kolzow. I believe Ms. Stephanski must chat with Tyra Banks and hire teachers from America's Next Top Model. Plano has the most gorgeous teachers and staff members. Here's to another school year as a PANTHER!!! Got the window cling to prove it.

2 comments:

  1. Poor thing! I'm glad you got a couple of extra days with her, but good grief! I can't believe school starts so early there! Karson looked beautiful on her first official day of 1st grade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad Karson got to start school and is better!!! Love the picture of them stacked up on the couch- they sure are cute kids full of personalities!! Love each of them!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for peeking into our lives and better yet, taking the time to comment. I love knowing I actually have readers out there.