Monday, September 26, 2011

Look Out America's Got Talent

I have one child (Isaac) who isn't interested in doing ANYTHING. And, then, I have a child (Karson) who is interested in doing EVERYTHING. I guess the balance is good and helps me to maintain my sanity (if that even exists when 3 kids?).

The ONLY thing my daughter took away from the FIRST day of school was that there was a talent show this year. She's been talking about it for weeks. And, I've been wracking my brain trying to help her come up with something to do "talent-wise".

The saga beings with 10 points: (1) I call my brother in law Ben to see if he could play the guitar if Karson and Isaac did a funny Veggie Tales skit--he said he would. (2) Isaac adamantly said that HE WILL NOT do the talent show (no surprise there)--Karson's on her own. (3) Karson has been trying to learn how juggle and wants to take lessons (anyone?, anyone?). (4) I tell Karson to ask her talented friend Leslie if she might want to do something? (5) Leslie tells her NO. (6)I've been telling Karson that she's very talented in sports and smart, but you need a talent such as singing, playing an instrument, dancing, tumbling to do something in the talent show. (7) As she is mulling those VALID points over, she tells me, "Mom, all I need is carpet and a wall." =) Not sure if I mentioned in any prior posts that my children are obsessed my doing handstands. I have dirty feet prints all over the walls of the house. (8) I tell her a hand stand IS talented, but she still needed to come up with something else. (9) She finally has some luck when her friend Kaylee agreed to do something with her--WHEW. (10) They decide Karson will jump rope and Kaylee will hula hoop. AND the act is BORN!


I was thinking the show would probably be at the end of the year (ours always were), but Karson assured me it was SOON. Sure enough, the audition papers came home about a week ago. When the sign up sheets was posted, Karson waisted NO time getting their names on the list.




Brandy (Kaylee's mom) and I really wanted the girls to do "their thing". We helped them come up with some basic steps. Brandy picked up some hoops, and I made them some dancing wands. The girls both had identical shirts from the Taylor Swift concert that they wore--so they looked like a team. They chose the song "Baby, Give Me One More Chance" and came up with a minute's worth of material. We figured if they made it through try-outs we could help them come up with MORE, but a minute was enough for the small amount of time we practiced.



Check out their act...and decide it you think they made it to the show?




**Okay, I won't leave you in suspense. THEY MADE IT! Brandy and I acted like a bunch of teenage girls on American Idol--jumping up and down with excitement. We're SO proud of them. The show is on October 28 which only gives us a few weeks to come up with a 3-minute routine. We welcome ANY and ALL help =).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for peeking into our lives and better yet, taking the time to comment. I love knowing I actually have readers out there.