Saturday, February 23, 2013

Isaac "Orville" Wright

The second grade classes at Plano presented their wax museum on Wednesday afternoon.  I decided to go ahead and purchase Isaac an outfit suited to his character, mainly because I figured it could double for an Easter outfit as well.  I don't normally purchase hats and vests, but this ensemble was to cute to pass up.  It's hard to find a picture of Orville Wright not wearing a suit.  I really didn't want Isaac to look that formal for the wax museum so I tried my best to find something that was "dress casual".  

His finished poster which really turned out well.  It's hard to capture the true spirit of an aviator without an actual airplane.  I thought this poster board prop helped bring out that side of his character.
I didn't snap many pictures or visit with the other children becuase I've been suffering with a nasty cold/sinus/congestion thing for a few weeks now.  I really thought I would have this thing kicked by now, but it's still lingering around.  I didn't want to spread my germs to much so I hovered around Isaac most of the time.
I did snap a picture of him and Albert Einstein though.  This kid cracked me up.  He had powder in his hair, for the graying effect.  Powder was all over the place.  He kept smacking the top of his head and showering powder all over the place.




All of the completed projects made it to school last week.  Whew.  Karson got to turn in her William Taft paper and bio bottle.  Miles's African American poster was displayed in the school entryway.  And, I was relieved to get everything out of the house to make way for my over-sized box of Valentine's candy.  I'm fairly easy to please on V-day.  I just want a giant box of chocolate, and Matt certainly delivered that this year.





1 comment:

  1. I love it. You have the most creative kids ever. Either that or you do it all for them, in which case you're totally hired to do all of my kids' future projects. ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for peeking into our lives and better yet, taking the time to comment. I love knowing I actually have readers out there.