Sunday, March 26, 2017

Roller King in the Making

 In case anyone is wondering where I've spent most of Friday nights the last month, it's at the Skate Center.  We've become roller rats.  Miles absolutely loves skating.  He loves it so much that we decided to order him his very own pair of roller skates.  They arrived in the mail Friday afternoon and fit like a charm.

He did some practice spins in the garage.  Friday night's session begins at 7 PM.  Of course, Miles was ready to go promptly at 6:30.  I told him that it was a little early but we could run by Dollar General and pick up some glow bracelets for Glow Skating (we're regulars now, like I told y'all).  It's not that the glow items are expensive at the Skate Center.  But, everyone rushes the counter, so I figured we'd go prepared.

I have failed to mention that Miles, like Karson, has a "significant other."  I didn't know I'd have two kids "dating" but whatever.  Miles's friend is an excellent skater and goes to the Skate Center a lot.  She was there Friday night.  They did a little hand holding here and there =).  I, on the other hand, opted out of skating this weekend and decided to wear a pair of walking shoes and walk laps around the rink.  I figured I might as well get some exercise if I'm trapped there for three hours.  I wish Mama Smurf (aka the owner) had asked me to step in as DJ.  The music was awful Friday night - lots of slow songs.  I don't think the regular DJ was there because he/she (whoever) always has some popping, fresh and CURRENT tunes.  It was a dreadful ear attack and hard to stay awake.  I managed to make it until 10:30 PM.  Lots of late nights in my future at the Skate Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for peeking into our lives and better yet, taking the time to comment. I love knowing I actually have readers out there.