The Counting Crows sing a song called "A Long December", but I have decided to change the title (and a few of the lyrics) to "A Long September"..and there's reason to believe, maybe this week will be better than the last...Our family has been plagued by the stomach bug that has reared its ugly face ALREADY this school year. It started last Saturday night. Most of the stomach bugs that we've experienced in our home are generally 24-48 hours. This one lasted a little over four days with Isaac who took the worst punishment. He and Miles had it together which isn't surprising since they are clones of each other and always getting into mischief together. After doing about 10 loads of laundry (pillows, sheets, mattress covers, towels, rags, etc.), scrubbing floors, carpet and toilets, Lysoling everything in my power, I was hopeful by Thursday that the bug finally flew the coop. WRONG, the bug came back into our lives yesterday this time attacking myself and Karson. Matt's brother Andrew had Karson and Isaac over for the night on Friday so I had no idea she was sick until he called on Saturday afternoon telling me she had the #2's. I felt fine yesterday morning and called my Dad to see if he'd come over and put down the quarter-round on our hardwood floors. It's been sitting in our garage for over a month, and I was SO ready for that project to be completed (even though I haven't painted the baseboards yet). My stomach started bothering me late in the morning to the point that I could hardly stand up. Needless to say, September and this bug are no longer welcome in our home. Karson and I are at home from church this morning. We both got about 3 hours of sleep last night. SO, if any of you bloggers are needing some busy work or simply need a clean house, I will gladly send this bug your way.
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Bitten Again
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I hope the "BUG" will leave your house soon, very soon, but please do not send it my way. However, for your sake, I hope everyone is feeling better soon.
ReplyDeleteOh girl....I hope you are feeling better today and that the nasty bug is on its way out. But please, please, please don't send it to mine :-)
ReplyDeleteTiffany so sorry you've been hit so hard by this bug...Stomach bugs are the worst, but especially when they linger & run through the whole family. Praying you all feel 100% very soon!
ReplyDeleteI know how you feel. John, Cassidy and I all had it for atleast eight days. We thought it was over, but it wasn't. I hope you are feeling better soon!
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry that you are going throught this!!! hang in there! Miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteSorry you all are sick. I hope Karson is better...I hated she had to leave gymnastics. Maybe this will be it for your family and you will be able to cruise through the winter!
ReplyDeleteYuck. So sorry. And your collection of Garbage Pail Kid images still cracks me up.
ReplyDelete