Thursday, May 7, 2009

Sidewinders

Two bits, four bits, six bits, a dollar, all for the SIDEWINDERS stand up and HOLLER...

HEY HEY (Isaac's pants are to big)


HEY HEY (that Karson is a beauty)


HEY (His best bud is on the team)


HEY (This chin strap is fun to snap)


HEY HEY HEY (Isaac is finally getting the hang of it)

The Sidewinders had their first big game on Thursday night. We had to make a quick run to Hibbett's prior to the game and buy ANOTHER pair of baseball pants. I started with an extra small which was way to small (even for Isaac the kid who lives on dust and air). I returned those and purchased a different style of extra small's thinking they would work. Come game time, Isaac was putting his gear on and we couldn't even get the pants snapped. Ugh, we had to run to town and grab another pair of pants (3rd pair). I went straight for the mediums b/c the smalls still looked to small. Isaac had his pants tripled rolled, but at least they weren't cutting his circulation off =).
Isaac was lead off batter--yeah, he's that good--HAH! I caught his first at bat on my camcorder which is PRICELESS. I like recording small bits on my digital camera to post on here, but I use my camcorder for the hard copy stuff (i.e. VHS tape). Sooo, blogger fans, I don't have his priceless moment to show, but I will try my best to recap. Coach Erick got him lined up to bat. Isaac swung and hit the tee and the ball bobbled off behind him. Erick got him set up a second time and he swung and knocked it off the tee towards to first base. He starts running towards first and sees the entire ballteam running towards him and the ball. Isaac then decides to sprint and get to the ball first. He runs with all his might and tackles the ball he just hit and holds it up in the air like a precious trophy. It was AWESOME! Okay, so my story didn't do the video justice, but you are welcome to come by and check it out sometime. It's one of those moments that you wish you had on camera, and I actually got it on camera =)!!! Then, my battery died--so it's the only moment I got on camera.
Isaac at his first practice. What a ham!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a great little ball player. I remember those days, they're so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Love the ball pics.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for peeking into our lives and better yet, taking the time to comment. I love knowing I actually have readers out there.