Thursday, June 3, 2010

Summer Summer Summertime

Okay it's not officially the summer season, but we have started our summer full force.

Karson's last day of school was last Friday. We missed out on the "last week of school" activities last year because of our Disney trip. It was nice watching all the kids receive their awards this year. Karson took home the Outstanding P.E. Student award (which is an honor because each of the "specials" teachers just chooses 1 boy and 1 girl per class). She also received the Ravenous Reader and Wonderful Writer awards. Karson ranked 94 percent on the STAR national reading and is reading at the level of a 3rd grader after 6 months of school. Whoo Hoo!!!
I also love reading Karson's journals that she brings home at the end of the year. I assume the kids write in them daily. My favorite page is the one below:


It says:
My family is great.
My brother is funny.
My other brother is cute.
My dad is lazy.
My is strong. (I'm thinking it was supposed to say MOM)
I am smart!

*HAH--I thought it was funny that she said Matt is lazy. Matt didn't think it was as funny =).


We have already been to Beech Bend four times. The kids ask to go daily!!! It's actually one of the first years that I don't feel stressed out about going. I'm able to sit and watch them enjoy it. The FREE soft drinks this year is AWESOME! I guess they are trying to compete with Holiday World??? No chance. Beech Bend is close to my heart. In fact, I do believe I rode some of the rides that my kids are riding (yes, some are that old). I made the mistake of riding the swings a few visits ago. Oh my, I thought I would die. And to top things off, a kid barfed right in front of me.

Good thing the kids have stomachs of steel. They rode the Flying Bobs over and over again. If Isaac had a choice though, he would spend his entire time at Beech Bend at the Petting Farm. He lovesssss the baby goats.
One of the nice things about the spring/summer season are weddings. Matt and I fortunate when (he is) asked to be a part of one. Matt performed a ceremony on Saturday of Memorial Day weekend for a couple at church. I haven't been to any outdoor wedding that I can think of, but it would be SUPER hard for anyone to top this one. It was like a picture out of Southern Living magazine. Everything was gorgeous, from the table linens to the barn decor. I asked my talented friend Melissa D. to snap some family pics. for us. I wish I had color coordinated better because I thought the pictures turned out beautifully.
Karson and her friend Chase boogey-ing on the dance floor!!!
We spent Sunday afternoon (of Memorial weekend) at Nolin Lake. Oh yeah! I have logged many hours on Nolin Lake. Our kids are more familiar with Barren River because it's close to BG, but hopefully, they can make some fun memories at Nolin too.
I love the simple, inexpensive things that capture our kids attention. They love getting codes out of the Baby Bottle Pops and using them on the website (total cost at IGA is $1.49). GROW sea animals are always a hit and making me a Dollar General fan (total cost $1). And, last but not least, Silly Bandz have taken over our house. Who knew $4.99 could make a child's day??? Good stuff!!!
I had to put this picture in here. Very rarely does Miles get to play with kids who are his age. I guess when you're the 3rd child, you think and act like your older siblings and always want to be around them (and their friends). I want Miles to have some exposure to his peer group prior to starting preschool this fall. I invited a handful of his pals over for a playdate yesterday morning. His friends Zoe and Lydia came over. This is Miles and Lydia doing YOGA. They are just the cutest!! I'm looking forward to many more playdates with his buddies.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for peeking into our lives and better yet, taking the time to comment. I love knowing I actually have readers out there.