Friday, June 25, 2010

Kentucky Clay Camp

When Karson was in kindergarten last year, her teacher's were always bragging about how artistic she is/was. When the school year finished, I started looking into camps that she could attend in the summer. Unfortunately, all the camps were FULL and had page long waiting lists. I vowed to get her into a camp this summer and kept checking the Kentucky Museum's website for registration information. When the classes opened up in December, you better believe I was the first one on the list =).
Karson gearing up for a fun day at clay camp. Miles had to tag along because of a dental appointment.

I'll tell you what, I felt like we were back in school mode this week. It was all we could do to get to Western's campus by 8 a.m. everyday. When you live out in the Plano boondocks, you have to account for tractors, construction trucks, and Scottsville traffic going into town.

Getting Karson to "talk" about camp was impossible. Luckily, the museum has a fan page on facebook filled with pictures. Here are a couple of shots from this week's activities.

Karson and all of her clay creations. Believe it or not, I have to go back next week and pick up even more. She told me today that she is looking forward to church camp. Our church camp falls the weekend after she finishes up with Lil' Topper basketball camp. She's going to be all camp-ed out by the end of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for peeking into our lives and better yet, taking the time to comment. I love knowing I actually have readers out there.