Spring has sprung in our house. I don't consider myself a decorator by any means but do love little seasonal touches here and there. I don't have a lot of spring or Easter decor and wanted to change that this year. Hobby Lobby here I come!
| I found these wooden bunnies at Hobby Lobby too. Aren't they the cutest? They look perfect in our living room. |
I have quite a few stuffed Easter animals that Miles loves playing with. I also like to have all our Easter and spring stories available for reading. There used to be a cute gift shop on Lovers Lane--years ago-- that went out of business or relocated, I don't remember. I got the glass rabbit (above right) there on clearance and wish I had purchased the other rabbits that went with it. It's my favorite Easter decoration.
Karson made a spring wreath a few weeks ago which is now located on her bedroom door along with an entire roll of caution tape. Makes for a nice look, don't you think?
Karson started double dipping and got incredibly creative with her designs. Isaac loved fishing the eggs out and transferring them from dye cup to dye cup.
Miles monopolized the paint roller station and swirled on a rainbow of colors.
Our finished eggs turned out EGGcellent and add a nice touch to our dining room. We may have a family hunt in our backyard with them. My mom always has a huge church Easter egg hunt at her house--1,000+ eggs, gobs of candy and simply the highlight of our kids Easter. I don't know that I've ever had a family hunt though so I may start that tradition this year.
In other news: we've enjoyed the beautiful weather outside. The kids have been invited to numerous birthday parties--one of which, Isaac got some silly string. I ran to Dollar General to get a couple more cans for a silly string fight. It's amazing how much a $1 can of silly string can entertain even older children. I believe next Wednesday is the official first day of spring. We are looking forward to it!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for peeking into our lives and better yet, taking the time to comment. I love knowing I actually have readers out there.