Saturday, March 2, 2013

Can I Write Another Evil King Book?

Those are words I NEVER thought I would hear from my six year old son, Miles, who during his preschool years could not stand to color, write or learn his alphabet.  He has come a long way since then.  He loves writing books to the point where I have to hide our computer paper because he goes through an entire ream so fast.  He authored the book below yesterday and wanted to write another one this morning.  However, we had to get some snow playtime in this morning before the 2nd book release.

It was a lovely sight waking up to winter wonderland and being able to run around throwing snowballs and making snow angels with my littlest angel.
"The Evol King" BOOK ONE (I'll interpret where necessary):


He was trying to kill him.


I wasn't sure what dic meant, and Miles explained that is was ditch.
Then dead.

(the evil king is put in jail)
 I love Miles's little books.  I have a storage space FULL of them.  I have no idea what has happened between preschool and kindergarten but feel I owe a whole lot to Miles's teacher Mr. Coleman. He has had such a fun year in his classroom.  He looks forward to school every day and always comes home smiling and excited.
-------
 This week was Read Across America with Dr. Seuss.  The kids had the option to dress up each day.  Miles was very excited about participating in the events.  When you are in kindergarten and DON'T participate, you're usually odd-man-out.  The kindergartners (and parents) are always WAY more excited about these events than the older "to cool for that" kids.  I didn't get a picture of all the days such as crazy sock day or PJ day but I did get the following shots:
Hat Day on Tuesday.

Wacky Wednesday attire.  I was surprised Isaac participated.  He rarely does anything on school dress-up days.  I guess his older sis and lil bro inspired his desire to dress-up.  Don't they look wacky? 

Speaking of wacky, Isaac and Jerry Deaton had breakfast together a lot this week.  I have to give Isaac a bowl of cereal and Jerry needs his own bowl too.  Jerry is super pumped about his birthday coming up on JUNE 1st.  It's all he talks about.  Isaac has authored his share of books and even has his own series books.  However, we have had quite a time trying to construct a story worthy of the "Young Writers Contest." This week's titles included "Detective" and "The Revenge of Ducky Momo."  Neither are competition-ready.

 While we are on the subject of competition, my daughter, the basketball beast, finished her season on Monday night.  Her team took second place in the tournament.  Karson has become quite a baller this season.  During the tournament, she was scoring 10+ points a game and usually got lots of rebounds, steals and fast breaks.  Prior to the final game, her team played against the Gold Irish.  Karson just knew the team would beat them since they beat them twice in the regular season.  They gave us a really good run and were actually up by one point in the 4th quarter.  When their team scored the basket (putting them ahead 1) with around a minute on the clock, Karson's face grew pale.  She had played SO hard that game and was watching it slip right through her hands.  Our team in-bounded the ball to Karson, and she was immediately double-teamed which is considered a technical in this league.   Karson went to the free throw line to shoot.  My knees were knocking and lips quivering.  She air-balled the first shot. NO!!!  I couldn't barely watch the second shot which SWISHED right in.  Hooray.  Karson had tied up the game.  We got possession of the ball but quickly lost it and the other team headed down the court when the whistle blew.  I was afraid they were going to call double-teaming on us and give them some free throws.  The referee made a walking call on their team.  We got the ball and headed down the court only for Karson to be double-teamed again.  They called a technical, and the coach put his daughter on the line.  Whew.  I was glad Karson was off the hook.  And, the coaches daughter is actually the better free throw shooter so it made sense.  His daughter hit the first one and missed the second one.  We ended up winning by one point.  It was a nail biter.  I love basketball and am glad Karson enjoys it so much.  She has improved a lot this year.  We are looking forward to next season although are welcoming a break from this one.  Look out Division III.
With her sports season ending, Karson decided to get her long hair chopped off on Wednesday.  She needed a new spring/summer do.  Karson has such thick hair and styling it takes some work.  Although I love it long, she loves it short.  It's her hair, her decision.  I encouraged her to wait 'til after her sports were over.  She's a beautiful child with either cut.  We picked her piano studies back up last week.  With her busy schedule of ball practice/games and academic team commitments, it was impossible for her/us to continue with piano after the winter season.  We found a new piano home, and Karson is with her third piano teacher.  She started at Plano, moved to Richpond Fine Arts and now is at Maggie's Music Studio.  She adores her new teacher.  She is the right fit for my daughter too.  I think we'll stay at this studio for a while.  Karson loves playing and has picked up the study of music so quickly.  I guess some kids are naturals at certain things.  I'm thankful for the talents God has given all of my children.  I &#9829 them so much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for peeking into our lives and better yet, taking the time to comment. I love knowing I actually have readers out there.