Miles celebrated his 7th birthday on Thursday. There's nothing more exciting at his age than a birthday. He counted down the days and would tell me (even while we were at Disney) exactly how many days until his birthday. I think he needs an advent calendar of his own for the month of October. He was smiling ear to ear when he woke up that morning. We immediately got dressed and ready. **Sidenote: Thursday was a whirlwind. Plano had selected that day for parent/teacher conferences so I had to find a way to schedule three separate conferences AND host a birthday party that afternoon. This would be easy to do if Matt hadn't started bowling this month, and the team practices land on Monday and Thursday each week. Did our mention my lives are crazy, busy this month???** We actually had to be at school at 7:45 because I had a conference with Isaac's teacher. We up bright and early and got to give Miles his birthday gift. I think he and Isaac managed to get each and every package opened and played with before we left.
Can he get any cuter!?!? Ms. Ferry was putting on his birthday hat when I got to her classroom that morning. I wanted to let her know that I would be bringing donuts to the class that afternoon. But first, I had another teacher conference to attend with Karson's teacher at 9:15. I managed to get all three of my conferences in that day somehow.
Little did I know that the weather was going to actually turn cooler this week--why, hello fall. The day started out real rocky. The skies were gray and overcast and a light drizzle was falling. I was keeping my fingers crossed it would clear up (it had rained the ENTIRE day before). The forecast said it was supposed to clear, but it certainly didn't look that way. Fortunately, around lunchtime, the sun started shining, and all the clouds started to roll out. Whew. Chaney's is designed for outdoor play--there is not much to do inside the dairy barn itself.
The kids had a blast playing at Chaney's. I think they were all just excited it wasn't raining. They were running all over the place. Once all the kids arrived, we got to go on a hayride.
We even got to see and pet a baby calf.
Our wild crew!
My life!
Happy birthday to you Miles!
Miles must have set a record of some sort for opening up presents faster than anyone. He couldn't wait to open those presents, and I held him off for much of the night because I knew it would be fast and furious (and it was). We are so fortunate to have such loving and generous family and friends. Birthdays are a wonderful reminder of how lucky we are and how good we have it!
-------------
We spent this afternoon working on carving our Halloween pumpkin. It's right around the corner, ya know! Everyone in the family had a job. Miles and I worked on carving the top and getting all the insides scooped out.
Isaac, the artist in the family, drew the face for our Jack O'Lantern. He did a couple of sample drawings on notebook paper and let us pick which one we liked the best.
Karson and Matt did the carving of the face.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for peeking into our lives and better yet, taking the time to comment. I love knowing I actually have readers out there.