Monday, April 7, 2014

Go Fish!


I think we may have a future actor in the Deaton household.  Isaac, our you tube entertainer, is becoming quite the live stage performer.  I convinced him to sign up for SKyPAC's youth theater camp this summer because I know he'll love it.  Karson, Evan and Elizabeth are also participating which will make it even more fun!  Look out Treasure Island.  Here is a download of the application in the event any of my blogging friends have children with those particular interests:
SKyPAC Theater Camp 2014

 I'm sure I have mentioned on more than one occasion how fortunate Plano Elementary is having a music teacher like Tiffany Cothran.  She's amazing, talented, creative and the list goes on and on.  She's always planning wonderful showcases for our kids to participate in.  The shows are generally centered around the primary students.  Once the kids move into the secondary years, it's recorders, band, choral events, etc.  Third grade is the last year for an actual school performance. This year's performance was called "Go Fish!"  Isaac was selected to be the 7-legged octopus.  You can imagine how much entertainment I got from creating his costume.  Thank goodness for Pinterest, plastic bags and cheap $2 Wal-Mart tights.

Isaac and a few of his underwater friends - clownfish, swordfish and Hammerhead shark.

Isaac was a nervous about learning his lines.  He had quite a few to remember but had all seven of them down by the time he received his script =).

Go Fish! is a musical very similar to the tale of The Wizard of Oz.  Everyone in the play is after something -  A Tuna Fish who can't carry a tune - A Star Fish who can't get an acting job- A seven-legged Octopus (Isaac) - A Zebra Fish with spots - A Tiger Shark who wants to be friends with everyone.  The message is about acceptance and being happy with who you are and what you can offer.  Isaac did a wonderful job with all of his lines and seemed to really enjoy performing.

The best part of the show was the finale when the kids were reprising the song "The Colors of the Sea" - Isaac was super animated by this point and had his tentacles going every which way.  I think the entire crowd was laughing at him.  His friend Mia could hardly hold it together she laughing so hard.  It was sooo funny!


My 7-legged octopus and his fans!

More of his fans attended the show!



Isaac also had a piece of artwork posted at the entrance of the school titled Lady Liberty.  Blue and green are certainly colors I would've chosen for the Statue of Liberty.  Isaac's a character (much like his drawing).  Thanks to both our visual arts and music teachers for everything you do to inspire our children!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for peeking into our lives and better yet, taking the time to comment. I love knowing I actually have readers out there.