Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Let's Play the FEUD - with our Turkeys


Thanksgiving 2014
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, cooking ain't my thang!  However, I decided to do a small amount of cooking this year which consisted of making stuffing for our Thanksgiving meal at Mom's.  I have the best recipe ever from one of the best cooks I know - Karen Lou Deaton. I also purchased a sampler cheesecake from South Middle's girls basketball team which was yummy.  We started the day off at my parents house.  Mom purchased the game Family Feud which Isaac couldn't wait to play.  Eating ain't his thang!  He asked all morning/afternoon long when we were going to play.  Once we'd eaten, stored leftovers, and did the cleaning up, the FEUD began.  Paul had queued up the game show music so it was an authentic experience.  It was a blast!  After games and cards, we headed over to Matt's family's house for round II.  I opted for dessert instead of eating again.  I always have room for sweets.  Karen had old home movies playing on the television, and everyone got a kick out seeing them.  It's inspired me to take more video's of the kids.  I had about 10 VHS tapes converted into DVD home movies.  However, we don't have a camcorder that works well anymore.  We need to invest in a new one because iPhone videos just aren't the same.

Mom wanted a picture with all five grand kids for her Christmas card.  I thought this turned out pretty good.
Thanksgiving weekend also consisted of Matt taking the boys to see an Indiana Pacers game.  Isaac loves the Pacers, and fortunately, Indianapolis isn't that far from Bowling Green.  He surprised the boys with tickets to see the Pacers take on the Orlando Magic.  It was Matt's first NBA game, and they are hooked.  On the way home, Isaac told him, "Dad, we are die hard Pacers fans."


To make the trip a little easier, Matt decided to get a hotel room for the night through Hotwire.  Bonus, it had an indoor swimming pool.  Negative, it was also a functioning train station which made it rather loud (along with partying Pacers fans).  They went to Dick's Last Resort for dinner which is always entertaining. 





Isaac's hat is my favorite!  By the look on his face, it wasn't very amusing.   If you can't read it, it says My Parents just asked me to run away =).
Because the game landed on black Friday, the boys managed to score some great shopping deals at the novelty shop.  Die hard fans!



Mesmerized by the game.  I got a great deal on the seats because of a Veteran's Day sale (which is when I purchased the tickets).  NBA games are fairly long, and Matt said Miles was ready to go close to half-time.  Miles has Karson's "concert stamina" - he likes bedtime and routine.  However, Matt convinced him that they had driven a long way and were going to stay.  About that time, some stunt-people on pogo sticks came out and started performing during half-time.  Matt said Miles didn't take his eyes off of them.  That and cotton candy gave him an extra boost to make it to the end of the game.

Cutest Pacers fans, hands down!
While the boys were away, us girls did some SHOPPING.  We hit Jimmy John's for lunch and spent the day doing Christmas shopping.  Have I mentioned how much I love my daughter?!?  She is simply the coolest lil' chick I know.  We managed to get LOTS of shopping done and even found her a cool, new desk for her room at Big Lots (and she and I assembled it - oh yeah). We capped off the evening with dinner at Olive Garden, our favorite!


A co-worker of mine at SKyPAC got married on Saturday morning.  I had the best time hanging out with my friend (and co-worker) Debbie Sledge and traveling to Russellville to see Joe and Carolyn get hitched.  It was a great time and fantastic holiday weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for peeking into our lives and better yet, taking the time to comment. I love knowing I actually have readers out there.