Saturday, March 14, 2015

National Pi Day


Did you know today is National Pi Day?  I didn't, but my daughter did and preceded to explain to me the significance, to which I completely tuned out.  Math + me = white noise.  Today is significant though because it's March 14, (20)15, and although National Pi Day is apparently celebrated each year on March 14 at 1:59, today's date only comes around once a century and is celebrated at 9:26.  For those of you math enthusiasts (not me), enjoy!  Thankfully Karson and Isaac's math scores are super HIGH - whew!  


I am reminded of the Tommy Boy scene with Chris Farley checking his History grade.  That scene was similar for me when I took freshman Math 116 at Western Kentucky University.  I got a 'D' on my math final, and I was ecstatic!  Math, especially algebra, is my enemy. I was so excited that I would never have to take another math class again.

While Matt's in Boston with the teens, I have acquired a new bed buddy.  This one doesn't snore but tends to grind her teeth.  Not sure which is worse?!?

I have been working out this week more than usual.  The weather change has been wonderful.  It's nice being able to jump on the elliptical.  My neighbor and I walked for over an hour last weekend one afternoon.  Bring on the spring (minus the rain).  I was about six minutes into my workout this afternoon when this little guy came out with his Pacers jersey coupled with purple Nike socks and black Crocs.  He grabbed some free weights and started lifting.  He then rolled out the yoga mat and did some lifting on the ground.  I think his workout last about 5 minutes...


Then he decided to play with some Playdoh for a little bit.  After Playdoh was the foam golf ball trick shots session(s) in the bucket.  It's a treat having Roy Hibbert as my entertainment during my workout.

I guess working out today gives me the green light for some "Pi" later?


Happy PI Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for peeking into our lives and better yet, taking the time to comment. I love knowing I actually have readers out there.