
Isaac and Jerry Deaton have been inseparable for the last 10 years. We started celebrating Jerry's birthday on June 1 a few years back. Isaac looks forward to it every year. We invite all the stuffed animals in our house and usually a few party guests and have a celebration. I buy Jerry Zebra cakes which are his favorite. Pap bought Jerry a cookie cake for the party. When I got home from work today, Isaac was covered on the couch with all his party guests (below) along with Uncle Seth, Pap, Nana & Meme. He invited them all over for the party at 4:30 p.m. and they were all watching Mall Cop.
Funny side note about Mall Cop: Isaac went to see the new Poltergeist last Friday. I wouldn't encourage the average 10 year old to see a PG-13 movie, but Isaac really wanted to see it so I let him go with Pap. I asked Pap how he liked the movie, and he told me Isaac said, "it was the best movie he's ever see. Ahead of Mall Cop 2." Yep, that sums up how my son thinks.
 |
| The party guests. |
 |
| Jerry Deaton, a silent but important part of our family. |
Isaac received a gift today - a letter of acceptance into 212 Academy. I can't imagine any child being more "right" for Warren County's program than him, and he will benefit greatly from this program over the next two years. He was reluctant to apply and gave me all kinds of grief about writing the two required essays for the application. I'm glad I forced made him apply.
Any kids that gets that excited about a stuffed animal's birthday party, needs to be in the gifted program, right?!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for peeking into our lives and better yet, taking the time to comment. I love knowing I actually have readers out there.