Wednesday, August 12, 2015

And Then There Were Two in Momma's Nest

PEACE and CHACOS a middle school must!

It's official, I'm old.  I have a daughter that started 7th grade this year.  How did this happen? 

 Seems like just a couple of years ago that we were dropping her off with Ms. Laura at preschool and now this.  I'll be the first to admit that it doesn't seem at ALL fast when you are in the full thrust of raising children.  But, somehow, you manage to get to this point where you see how quickly it has all gone.  One day they're your baby, and the next, they are grown and ready to take on life.  Karson was made for middle school.  In fact, when I was dropping the boys off at Plano yesterday, her PE Teacher Dan Smith asked about her and told me that girl was ready for middle school is 3rd grade.  It's the truth.  She's exceeded all of our expectations and is a fine young lady.  My mornings have started a little earlier this week.  I go and get in bed with her at 6 a.m., and we snuggle before she has to get up.  It's a special time of the day for us.  I don't get to take her to school anymore.  I don't get to eat lunch with her or go to her school parties, nothing!  It's just plain SAD, y'all!  I am thankful daily that she gets to be with her dad for these next six years.  What a blessing to have a parent on campus looking out for her!  I miss my preschooler but wouldn't trade her for the young teen that I have today.  I love her and it pains me to think that she will one day leave us - I tear up just thinking about it.  If the next six years go as quickly as the first seven in school, it's way too soon!

 My mornings are quiet for about an hour with only two babies at home.  I SHOULD work out, I SHOULD do laundry, I SHOULD read, but instead I find myself lost thinking about how quickly my kids are growing up.   Paul George Isaac started his 5th grade year at Plano.  I mean, REALLY, only two years left in elementary school. I asked both he and Miles if it would be weird not having Karson there at school with them.  They both kind of shrugged and didn't answer.  When Isaac came home from school yesterday, he said, "Mom, you know how you asked if it would be weird without Karson there?"  I said, "yeah."  He said, "well, it kind of was weird."  And, he left it at that.  I told him that he and Karson wouldn't be under the same roof for a while and that she and Miles would never be at the same school again.  He had a great first day back!

Isaac will spend his 5th grade year with teacher Mr. Zach Graupner who instantly became one of my favorite people because of his love of the restaurant CHUY's.  Instant connection =)!  And, yes, he is taller than the bulletin boards in his classroom.  Isaac will love him I'm sure (and vice versa).
 We have waited a whoppin' three years for this moment - the Deatons are officially reunited with Ms. Sara Rather. Both of our kids were fortunate having Ms. Rather for kindergarten, but she moved grades the year Miles started at Plano.  I was disappointed - I needed her to be Miles's teacher and couldn't fathom not having her help me ease my third and final child into the school realm.  He had a great kindergarten year though, but I was totally EXCITED when I saw that she'd be his 3rd grade teacher this year.  Ms. Rather will be the only teacher that all three of my kids have had at Plano.  He's going to have a fantastic year with her!  He's already worked on his first school project, and I received the kind email below...

Miles is such a good leader.  He helped me get my paperwork to the appropriate places as well as, being a great helper to a friend and a wonderful speaker.  I am so glad I finally get to be Miles' teacher.   Have a great night!!
 
 
 Lots of change and lots of emotion this year!  But, it's sweeeeeeet emotions (thanks Steven Tyler)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for peeking into our lives and better yet, taking the time to comment. I love knowing I actually have readers out there.