Friday, February 19, 2016

WWE Kind of Vday


 My days of helping making the kids Valentine's Day boxes is coming to an abrupt close.  Better make it count with the 3rd grader!  I wasn't even sure if Isaac was going to have a party this year or not.  It feels like forever since Karson was a 5th grader, and I couldn't remember.  I'd asked Isaac about it and offered to buy him Valentine's, but he didn't seem to know about any parties and wasn't interested at all in shopping for Valentine's.  His teacher sent an email out the week before and mentioned that kids could bring in cards if they wanted to trade, but it wasn't something they had to do.  I knew Isaac's immediate answer - 'no.'  Yep, that's where we're at.  Miles, on the other hand, is in a different category.  His teacher had plans for a Nacho bar, sent out names for Valentine's cards, and encouraged the kids to make a box and bring in treats.  YAY!  That meant I got to channel my mad-scientist Mom creative skills.  Last year we (and by we, I mean 'I') made Miles a basketball bucket.  This year, the boys are super into wrestling.  I came across some cheap WWE cards at Walmart and Dollar Tree.  I figured - let's (and by let us, I mean 'me') make a wrestling ring.


There's nothing hard about crafting a ring.  You just need a nice rectangular box, some posts (pencils or wooden skewers) and string/yarn for the ropes.  I put some black gorilla tape on the top and glued white paper on the sides.  I cut out some Wrestling Greats and glued them on the sides of the box.  Miles didn't want to attach any of his WWE figures, but I think that would've really made it NICE.  Oh well (it's his right?).  I had to help him carry it into school on Tuesday.  It was large and awkward, much like wrestlers =).

 Success!  WWE + Vday Box = Winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for peeking into our lives and better yet, taking the time to comment. I love knowing I actually have readers out there.