A funny thing happened at Phil Moore Park last night. Isaac's team played in the semi-finals and had a game scheduled for 6 PM. Two semi-final games were supposed to happen simultaneously on both Court 1 and Court at PMP. However, once we arrived at the park,there were only one set of officials, meaning one group would have to wait to play until 7:15. It was mayhem with four basketball teams warming up to play and not knowing who was playing first. Boys and basketballs everywhere.
When I walked in I noticed a water bottle that looked almost identical to Isaac's laying directly under the basketball ball just waiting to be knocked over or there for someone to trip on.
It looked like this...
I scooped it up thinking it was his and proceeded to the stands. After a few minutes I called him over and sternly asked "why did you leave your water bottle right under the goal while everyone was warming up (something he would totally do)?" He said, "I didn't, mine is under our bench and pointed it out to me." Embarrassed I jumped up and took the water bottle back to the area it was in (but off the court a little). Minutes later I noticed it was gone - guess the rightful owner found it. Around half-time, Matt comes over to me and asks if I've seen Isaac's water bottle. He said, "it was right next to my jacket and now it's gone." Are.you.kidding.me? PMP is packed and the two teams that were supposed to be playing on the other court (along with their families) were all crowded on our side. There were some boys playing around on the other court so I walked over there to take a peek and see if someone had picked Isaac's up by mistake (like I had). There were TWO that looked almost like (the one above and the one below) his but both had names written on them - otherwise, I probably would've grabbed 'em.
I don't see it anywhere and head back to the stands. I figured it would show up after the game when the other two teams started warming up. I'm sure another mom picked it up thinking it was her son's. Our game ends and the next two teams start warming up. I don't see it anywhere. I decide to go look in the office and at the front desk to make sure no one left it one of those places - nope.
I assume it's gone but decided to call PMP this morning to see if the had any water bottles in their lost and found this morning. Lo and behold, the lady I spoke with said yes it's one of those insulated water bottles. I told her I was certain it was mine and was on my way over there. This is what his looks like (below)
I'm glad there are other mothers out there probably scolding their sons for being irresponsible with their water bottles (when in fact, they aren't). Hah! Thought it was too funny not to blog about. Okay, okay, so they don't look SUPER similar but have the same general color scheme. I guess it need to get the next water bottle in some crazy, bright, unpopular color to set it apart from the others.



The water bottle was lost and now it's found. I couldn't be happier!
ReplyDeleteI was about to put a missing water bottle ad in the newspaper, that's how serious I was about finding it!
ReplyDelete