Sunday, October 21, 2018

Almost a TEENAGER - Miles is 12

 It's the FINAL countdown until next year when Miles becomes our 3rd and final TEENAGER.  How in the world is our youngest child already 12? Due to such a busy October, we celebrated his birthday a little early (the first weekend of the month) with a friends/sleepover party.  One of the perks of our neighborhood is that Papa John's delivers!  Woo hoo - it's the little things!  We ordered a couple of pizzas, and I grabbed some 2-liters and a cookie cake from Wal-Mart, and we were set.  I took the boys over to jump air zone to release a little of that "boy energy."




The night was pretty eventful.  I'd set the ping pong table up in our garage so they could play.  Around 11:30 PM, they were in the garage playing (with the door shut) when someone knocked on the outer door.  They came running inside and told us someone was knocking on the door.  It's was rather strange, but we assumed maybe it was a neighbor wanting the boys to quiet down.  Turned out to be some lady who apparently had a little too much to drink was out looking for her dog who'd run off.   The boys continued to play ping pong and around midnight, it was super quiet in the garage.  I told Matt I don't think they are in there anymore.  He went outside and the boys were in the street throwing football =/, so he wrangled them back in the house.  Needless to say, it was a long night and we are NOT fans of sleepovers.  However, I know we'll get suckered into another one at some point. 

Mike, Poppy, Karson and Miles - the October Birthday Outlaws.  We celebrated all the birthdays last Sunday.


We surprised Miles with a new bike on his actual birthday.  He was in desperate need of a replacement and loves his new ride.  All of our family met a Chick Fil A to celebrate later that evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for peeking into our lives and better yet, taking the time to comment. I love knowing I actually have readers out there.