Back in January after visiting a few prom/bridal shops, Karson found her perfect gown for Junior prom (right here in Bowling Green) at Regiss. It was gorgeous, fit her perfectly (although my BFF Phyllis did had to alter the straps a bit to make it fit tighter), very inexpensive compared to ones we'd seen, and a unique color. I was a little concerned we might not be able to find shoes to match locally. Isaac happened to have a lacrosse match in Tennessee near Rivergate one Saturday. Because of that, Karson and I were able to run over to DSW Shoes and found the PERFECT color/shoe to match. We also snagged some hoop earrings from Claire's at Rivergate.
AND the COVID bomb hit, everything was cancelled - school, spring sports, concerts, prom, graduation, everything! Although I wanted Karson to get to attend her Junior prom, I knew health and safety were paramount to experiences.
A few weeks ago, my other BFF Larie (aka Phyllis's daughter) asked my thoughts on her hosting a faux, small prom which would basically be dinner and pictures. Karson loved the idea, and I did too so plans were in motion. The Prom was a week ago Friday. I'd scheduled hair and makeup for Karson - always fun to get glammed up and ordered a boutonnière for her date Spencer.
Karson and Spencer looked AMAZING unlike the weather which was ominous looking all week. Larie had gone to all the trouble to set all the tables, chairs, and place settings out for the kids. When we got to her mother-in-laws place (where the event was taking place), the wind was blowing and stuff was flying everywhere. It was gorgeous up until the time of the event (5:30) and it was like the floodgates and wind opened up. The rain was torrential - it was crazy. BUT, it eventually let up enough for the kids to get some group pics and enjoy a nice dinner.
We kept everything low contact by disinfecting hands, serving the food, etc. It was a lovely night and so thankful all the kids got to enjoy their own version of prom. Very hopeful they'll get to actually experience their Senior prom.





Karson's friend Liz Warder scheduled a Senior pics session with Leigh Anne Littlefield Photography a few weeks back. With all the uncertainty of how school would look like/begin, the girls wanted to get some "first day" pictures where they all looked nice. I'm glad they did. With the A/B schedule that's in place, they won't even be going to school on the same days, and it will look very different even when they are there.


Hard to believe they are already SENIORS. Karson has already applied to two schools and was accepted into the University of Louisville. We are currently working on resumes, essays and scholarship applications. It has BEGUN! Hopeful this year will be full of excitement for all these girls!!!





CLASS OF 2021!!!










No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for peeking into our lives and better yet, taking the time to comment. I love knowing I actually have readers out there.