I love everything Barbie! I was still quietly playing with Barbie dolls in my room during my middle school years as not embarrass myself. The whole world of make believe was fascinating to me. We had the mansions, the airplane, the camper, the pool, vacation house, the Ferrari - outfits, shoes, accessories. I could sit in my room and play for hours. Karson liked Barbie's okay but not nearly to the extent that I did. When I saw the Barbie movie trailer, I got extra excited. I mean who can play Barbie better than Margot Robbie. She is perfect. Ryan Gosling as Ken, that's a YES!
We ordered our Barbie shirts and fun sunglasses and made a girls day out of it. I feel like the movie has gotten a lot of mixed reviews, but I enjoyed it. It was exactly what I expected it to be - not anything spectacular but still entertaining.
How in the world is the summer already over?!? People always ask the traditional questions when summer break starts...are you all going anywhere? do you all take a summer vacation? For us, summer generally means golf season. High school golf consumes much of the summer. Since Matt has some time off, he gets to enjoy a few tournaments. However, most of my work vacation days are spent traveling to and from high school golf tournaments. It isn't a complaint, it's just how it is, and I wouldn't trade a minute of it because I've only got one more year after this one.
The start of the season was sort of a whirlwind. Many of the tryout dates were cancelled due to rain/weather. In that one tryout round (which wasn't the greatest), Miles pulled out a top 5 spot. We had a kick off pool party at the Baer house before the start of the season. Of course, the boys were not fond of a group picture, but we forced them.
It's been a roller coaster of a season for him. There is lots of adversity in golf, and you have to learn to roll with the punches.
We got play a course close to Kentucky Dam Village so enjoyed a night at Patti's. I knew we were going to eat there, so I'd taken Miles some nicer clothes. By nicer, not gym shorts and a t-shirt. Since the restaurant requires reservations, I felt he needed to look a little more dressy. He was bummed when everyone else was dressed more casual with NO button up shirts/shorts, hah.
Karson got to join in some of the fun when we played in Shepherdsville. It was overnight trip to Heritage Hill and AJ Jolly. It worked out perfectly for her because she had to run up to Louisville and get some shots for compliance to start nursing. It sort of snuck up on her so she was able to take care of it and get back to the course rather quickly.
I think Miles enjoyed having her tag along. He played some of his best rounds last week despite lots of early mornings and blister covered feet. Golf can be grueling!
Ready for battle on the course and through the rain!!!
Back to work for me on Thursday and had to skip out on two more rounds - one at Kenny Perry where is was pouring down rain, but he managed to pull out five )5) birdies. That course always seems to have his back. The breaks work in his favor, and KP is always smiling on him, it seems.
This year, we'll have two Juniors and one Freshman. Pray for us as we move Isaac into Eastern Kentucky University tomorrow. Another Deaton bird is flying away......stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for peeking into our lives and better yet, taking the time to comment. I love knowing I actually have readers out there.