The final chapter and family caboose started his Senior year at South last Wednesday. Almost one week into classes, and I was asked by his English teacher to tell me a little bit about my son. The short version, he will graduate early. His after school plans are not clear at this time, but he plans to do some shadowing and work full time before deciding on a pathway. We are proud to be his parents and know he will figure things out. I'm not sure loading up on difficult classes along with a grueling golf season is ideal, but here we are!

Black and silver match between our squad. Love that coach likes to promote team bonding and fun!

I didn't have high expectations for this weekend's golf tournaments especially with the start of school. Seems like it puts a damper on Miles's spirit - getting up at the crack of dawn, sitting all day, the grind of it all. He had a lesson scheduled for Friday afternoon. Matt told me it hadn't gone very well, and Miles had expressed being sore and tired. His feet are also completely covered in blisters during golf season. He has great shoes, but walking hundreds of steps, rain and sweat combined with his swing/impact pattern is a recipe for blisters. Karson drains them, uses her athletes feet spray, and we give him Epsom salt pedicures to try and help. It's painful. I hate it for him.

I had low expectations for Sunday at Maywood. However, the start time was a little later in the day which meant we could all sleep in a little and catch up on rest.
The day was his! He had an incredible round and scored an even par. At one point, he was -2 under which takes the pressure off entirely.
Boring golf is fun golf, especially as a spectator. There are days he makes it look easy.
It's hard to believe we are at the midway point of our season. This weekend the team will travel to Pineville and Paris, Kentucky.
We had pictures yesterday at the Club at Olde Stone, and the girls team joined us.
LOVE THIS GROUP OF SPARTANS!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for peeking into our lives and better yet, taking the time to comment. I love knowing I actually have readers out there.