Sunday, September 23, 2007

BLOCK Party


Community Church hosted a BLOCK PARTY yesterday for the community surrounding our area of town. We had the city shut down 12th Avenue between Center and Kentucky Streets for our festivities. We had a blow-up thing-a-majig, horse and carriage rides, locals bands, face painting, cupcake walk, games/prizes, visits from the Police, EMT, and Fire Department, and FREE FOOD all done on a $100 budget (thanks to lots of donations and helpful folks). How cool is that! I know my husband is the minister and all, but I really can't brag enough about the group at Community. All of our elders, deacons and ministers worked all day long along with many, many members making the day a true success for Christ.

One of my favorite songs right now is called "Hanging On" by a band called Everday Sunday. I love listening to music in the morning when I'm walking. This song was played on WAY FM a couple of weeks ago. As soon as I got home I bought it and haven't stopped listening to it since.

Here it is short and sweet:

God I'm in this place again. Im trying so hard not to fall, but everything keeps coming down with the rain. And I try so hard I forget to call.
Everybodys looking around, and everybody wants to be found. And Im just hanging on; I give You all that I am.

I come to You with all that I am, I bring to You all that I have, and all I have is nothing,
and I keep on trying, and all I want is You.
Everybodys looking around and wants to be found,and Im just hanging on. I give You all that I am.
And as I sit here in the midst of You, I come to You; I bring You all that I am.
Everybodys looking around and wants to be found, and Im just hanging on. I give You all that I am.

I truly felt God's presence on Saturday. Thank you Lord for finding and loving each of us where we are and how we are. We're all just hanging on for YOU. Come soon and rescue us!

6 comments:

  1. Ok, I had a great time visiting your church last Sunday, but seriously, how did I miss this one!! Looks like loads of fun and fellowship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so impressed with your church family. What a great way to spend a Saturday and how awesome it was to see so many smiling faces in the community and all the people of your church. I am positive lives were touched, mine was in the short time I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that looked like a lot of fun! Wish we could have made it but we were at the funeral home :(
    Let's get together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you all had a blast! What a great way to get out in the community and meet people!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! I love the picture of you and Karson. Two cute Deaton girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute pictures!! Looked like fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for peeking into our lives and better yet, taking the time to comment. I love knowing I actually have readers out there.