Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day 3 EASTER SUNDAY

I decided to do a more traditional Easter look for the family this year. Matt's brother Andrew is getting married in September. He and MacKenzie are going with a traditional black and white theme (which I LOVE). I thought, hey, I'd like to do that for Easter and double up on the wedding day--win, win. I have had my eyes on Karson's dress at The Children's Place for weeks. Those of you that shop at TCP know they are always running awesome sales. Well, this dress was NEVER on sale--week after week. I checked it online, called, frequented the mall, and one fine day last week, it was on sale. The sales person even commented to me that the dress hadn't been on sale and now it was 50% off. It was still more than I wanted to spend, but I love it. I also snagged some half price black linen shirts for the boys. Hopefully, we will be able to get a nice family portrait at the wedding, but I thought my brother-in-law Paul managed to get a pretty great photo in front of the church.
Karson's Easter basket complete with neon green PEEPS, some items from Claire's and Gobstoppers.
Isaac's basket complete with a bakugan, LEGO sticker book and LEGO shirt.
Miles basket complete with a color changer Hot Wheels, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Sticker book and gummie bunnies.
Easter morning came and went quickly. There aren't enough hours on Sunday morning--ever. Holiday mornings are especially challenging because the kids are extra excited and DON'T want to leave the house. And, then, there's the dreaded photos in their Easter attire.
After numerous threats to end their lives j/k, here are the finished poses.

Squatz were the highlight of the morning. Karson is a walking, talking commercial. Case in point, she went up to Matt recently and stated, "Dad, I had NO IDEA Burger King was better than MacDonald's. They have 30% more beef." Apparently, she's seen a few commercials about Squatz. Luckily, I found some at Target a few weeks back. These little boogers are almost like gigantic bath fizzers. Check out the video for more fizzing fun-ness.


Mom and Dad had a big brunch after church for us and the kids. It was a nice way to spend the rest of the afternoon.

Mom and I also managed to sneak away and see the movie "The Last Song". I'd read the book last week and could hardly wait for the movie. It certainly didn't disappoint. We're looking forward to a week full of fun beginning tomorrow in Louisville at the zoo.


3 comments:

  1. LOVE the family picture! Great outfit choices!!
    Hope y'all have a fun day at the zoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great family pic!!! I LOVE the black and white for Easter! Emmaline has the same dress btw! I just love it and I can't wait to put her in it.

    Hope the rest of Spring Break is as fun! Enjoy the zoo today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your family is just GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for peeking into our lives and better yet, taking the time to comment. I love knowing I actually have readers out there.