Sunday, April 18, 2010

What We've Been Up To

Karson began softball practice with her team on Monday nights. She also has it on Wednesday nights and Saturday mornings. We've opted out of the Wednesday night practices due to church and overall tiredness =).

Isaac also began practicing on Monday nights and also on Saturday mornings. Matt decided to tackle the HEAD coach position. Part of me wishes I was helping coach Karson's team. It really is fun being out there with the girls and watching them learn and grow as players. However, basketball took a lot out of me and was quite a commitment and I have sweet MILES with me at all times. Speaking of, Miles is so down-in-the-dumps Eeore-ish about not getting to play baseball. He sadly says, "when I get bigger, then I'll get to pway. I wish I could pway too." Matt pitches to him in our backyard, and that seems to pacify him for now.

Most of you know that our Karson is a brainiac. The girl has been reading chapter books since last year. She's grown fond of Ron Roy and his A-Z mystery series. Her class recently wrote to their favorite authors, and of course, she chose Ron. At the beginning of each week the class is tested on the spelling words for that Friday. If they pass, they get a completely different set of words. She always comes home with the different ones and has to: write a sentence, put them in ABC order and write each one three times. We try to get this done by Tuesday or Wednesday (the sooner, the better in our busy house). I got a pedicure on Wednesday which Karson fell in love with. I got to use my gift certificate to SOHO that my students got me for my birthday. I told Karson that if she got 100% on her spelling test on Friday, I'd take her in and have hers done. She immediately told me, "well, I'll take it online and ran to the computer to show me that she could pass it." Her teacher uses a site called spellingcity where the kids can practice online. It's neat!!! She, of course, passed it. BUT, I told she still had to pass on Friday.
Surprise, surprise she got 100% like always, but I try to challenge her =). I registered Isaac at Plano last Monday. All I can say is MY KIDS ARE GROWING UP QUICKLY. I knew this would happen, but it doesn't seem possible that I could already have two in school. And, Miles will start preschool--so I'll actually have THREE in school. Life sure will be different come August 3rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for peeking into our lives and better yet, taking the time to comment. I love knowing I actually have readers out there.