Tuesday, August 10, 2010

One Proud Preschooler

Miles is officially a preschooler. He made it through his first day of 3-year-old preschool at Greenwood Park EEP with flying colors. I cannot tell you how much we have prepared (probably OVER prepared) him for this day. He isn't the type of kid who feels "left out" of the school mix with his siblings attending. BUT, there has been a lot of change in his little world recently, and I wasn't sure how he'd handle all of it.
Open House was a bust as you can see from this picture. Since I had to work open house, Matt brought Miles. I can't help but chalk his "mood" up to a few factors. Matt brought him around 1 p.m. which can be a grumpy time for kids--it's later in the day, after lunch, etc. And, then, when they arrived, he saw two of his buddies and wanted to play with them immediately. He had ZERO interest in anything school related. When Matt tried to take him into his classroom he bumped his head twice on the coat hook/cubbie/bookshelf thingie (see picture below). It was just bad all around. I was kind of surprised by his "attitude" and wondered how he'd do this morning. Don't you love his shirt and how it's covered in H20? He doesn't just get a drink of water from the fountain, he swims in it too.
Today was better than open house. Here he is with Ms. Windy hanging up his backpack. I wish I could've gotten a couple more pictures this morning but had a class of mine own to prepare for.
I love all of our 3-year-old teachers at EEP, but I always request Ms. Windy for my kids in 3-year-olds. What can I say, Ms. Windy is cut from the preschool quilt. She is just amazing with the kids and has done a fabulous job with mine. I think it also makes it easier for them with her being at church with us. They are very comfortable around her. However, Miles was convinced all summer long that Ms. Denise was going to be his teacher this year. Isaac had Ms. Denise for 4-year-olds, and Miles spent small amounts of time in the classroom with them. Every time you would ask Miles who his teacher was going to be at school, he would say, "my teacher is Ms. Anise (I'm not sure if has trouble saying her name or thinks it's Anise?)." I would remind him, "No Miles, you have Ms. Windy." I showed him Karson and Isaac's pictures from 3-year-olds and told him that Ms. Windy was their teacher too. I was so glad that Miles didn't whine and fuss and want to stay with me this morning. Trust me, I'm not being harsh not having my own children in my classroom. It's honestly way to tough FOR ME to teach my own children, and I want them to be exposed to other people and "teaching" styles. Anywho, it was a great day and Miles has been singing preschool songs all day. Ms. Windy told me she has a classroom full of singers. How precious! I'm happy that at least TWO of my children liked school today =)!

1 comment:

Thanks for peeking into our lives and better yet, taking the time to comment. I love knowing I actually have readers out there.