Friday, September 24, 2010

Fall Favs #'s: 1-9

I can guarantee that I have been to the BIG ORANGE Halloween tent more than any mother in this county. Those of you that live in BG know the tent I'm talking about. I can tell you exactly where everything is in the tent and probably its' price if you'd like to know. Miles cannot get enough of that smoldering hot place, and we usually make a weekly trip there. I convinced him to try out another place yesterday called the Halloween Bootique in the old Goodie's building. He consented and was not disappointed (although I was). The high notes, it's air conditioned and the prices are cheaper (not that we've ever bought anything from either place--although I could definitely use a severed arm with blood gushing out, who couldn't?). The low notes, the building is only a quarter full and the decor is pretty lame compared to BIG ORANGE. This post is titled my Fall Favs because BIG ORANGE is definitely #1 highlight of the season.

#2 Fall candy. We have gone through at least three bags of miniature Reese's peanut butter cups. Tell me if I'm wrong, but aren't the minis WAY better than the big one's??? DeeeLish! It makes my mouth water from upcoming Halloween candy. And, yes, I do raid my children's stash!
#3 While we are on the subject of food, I am completely addicted to Stacy's pita chips and roasted red pepper hummus. I've eaten it everyday for almost two weeks. It's getting a bit ridiculous, but I love it! Plus, I feel like I can eat as much as I want because it's healthy and all natural.

#4 HAIKU'S: My daughter did one (5)
It was on pet spiders, ugh (7)
Not for your birthday (5)
Do you all remember doing these?
I have to showcase Isaac's work too. He is such a creative little guy. He's doing well in school much like his sister. He's a little more sensitive about the introduction of new centers (centers are where the kids are engaged in the learning process such as literacy, listening skills, phonics, letter and sentence formation, etc.) at school, but he is a sharp little guy and catches on quickly. His teacher is so patient with him and is always telling us how much she adores him. We're so glad that Ms. Rather is his teacher and that he is adjusting to the school routine so well.
#5 the fall book fair at school. The kids emptied their piggy banks, and I added a couple of bucks so they could make some FINE purchases at the ol' fair. Karson came home with a Klutz build-your-own book and a Bad Kitty Chapter book. Isaac used his money to purchases a rubber, bendable pencil and a LEGO sticker book.

#6 Fall weddings are so nice. I love looking at these snapshots from Matt's cousin's wedding. We've had two family weddings this fall, and both were such fun events. We're also looking forward to some spring/summer weddings with more of Matt's cousins. Congratulations to Katie and Cooper -and- Lauren and Joey!
#7 Labor Day cookout at the Maglinger's pad in Richardsville. Isaac is absolutely SMITTEN with Abby Kate Garcia. I've never seen him so engaged in a little one before her. He wants to hold her all the time. She is quite irresistible and the sweetest little thang. I'm so grateful having, yet, another family like the Maglinger's to love and who love my family and kids.

#8 Fall Super Saturdays at WKU are back in October. I registered Karson for Junior Crime Fighters. She loves the A-Z Mystery Novels by Ron Roy. I figured this type of "Who Dunnit" class would be appealing to her.

#9 The kids have a new clubhouse. Our neighbors the Chapman's lost a nice swingset when poor weather attacked our area. Their swingset was turned over and messed up. I asked our neighbor Dave if he'd care to remove the legs and put it in the pine trees that connect our yards so the kids could have a clubhouse. He loved the idea and got to work quickly.

The fab FIVE minus Karson, she'd gone to a Spartans volleyball game with a friend. I don't think I have a picture of ALL five kids yet. Maybe Jennie snagged one last night when they came over? Sorry for the rambling, I'm thinking to myself here...

The kids loved decorating the clubhouse and leave notes for each other. It's such a blessing having wonderful neighbors. I just love our 'HOOD.

The Chapman's also have a hamster ball that the kids spend loads of time in.

#10 is the Plano Fall Festival, but it will require a post by itself =).

1 comment:

  1. You are the best blogger I know! I, too, LOVE Stacy's Pita Chips. I'm gonna have to get some red pepper hummus... sounds great!
    Oh, and I love fall candy too. The "Indian" corn. You know the candy corn with the chocolate bottoms... YUMMY! Is it PC to say "Indian" ?? I think it's not. Oh well.
    Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for peeking into our lives and better yet, taking the time to comment. I love knowing I actually have readers out there.