Friday, February 11, 2011

Snow Week Recap

This week has been totally unproductive, but oh well, we've enjoyed snuggling up and staying warm amid this snowy wonderland. You won't hear me complain about all these snow days mainly because I feel like time spent with your children is TIME spent with your children whether it's in the winter or in the summer. I do feel sorry for the teachers though who usually have to go to school a couple days longer than the students--and, I feel sorry for the board who has to reconfigure the school calendar and field LOADS of phone calls from angry parents. But ME, nah, I don't feel sorry for being at home with my kids enjoying our time off. So, what have we been up to this week:

(1) KARSON: she and I have been playing Madame Fate. We're completely addicted to Big Fish games. She had a playdate with her cousin Elizabeth on Tuesday and with her friend Emma on Wednesday.

She built a snowman with her dad on Thursday.
Karson's been with both sets of grandparents for shopping and playtime at their houses. She's been to the library and started reading a 500 page book called The Invention of Hugo Cabret--very cool.
She has decided to participate in PBS GO's Writers contest and write a book. She and Isaac have published numerous books.
Don't you want to read the book "The Mystery of the Past"? I hear you oohing and aaaahhing.
Tomorrow she has a basketball game in the morning and was invited to go with a friend to a concert tomorrow afternoon at Living Hope called Slugs and Bugs. Lots of fun for Karson!!!


(2) ISAAC: he is completely addicted to the iPad and loves playing games. A few people got him iTunes gift cards for his birthday. I think he's blown through them faster than anyone I know. He's not a snow person so he loves being inside. He got to play with Evan on Tuesday. He has a little friend Tommy who lives a stones throw from our house, but both of them are to scared to go to the other one's house for a playdate. However, we are going to Tommy's on Sunday for his birthday party. He has been to see great grandparents this week. He loves seeing Granny and Grandad--the kids used to go there every week on Fridays, but lately, with health problems (and full time school), we haven't been able to spend much time there. He's been Valentine's shopping with Pap and Nana and got to spend the night (JUST him) on Wednesday night. He got LOADS of books at the library yesterday and a new Goosebumps DVD.

(3) MILES: nothing is different for Miles this week besides missing preschool. We were supposed to have his Valentine's party yesterday =(. I guess it will be postponed until next week. He got a haircut.


He's been sleeping with Karson some this week. They remind me so much of each other and love their sleepovers in Karson's room. He also loves playing with Emmie Lou (his cousin). Matt took him and Isaac over to see her and Mamaw and Karen on Wednesday. Life for us (he and I) has been different this week. We're used to quiet mornings at home--just the two of us =).
(4) ME: I decided to purchase some of those Sally Hanson nail effects this week since I had a $2 off coupon and they look fabulous.
My verdict: don't waste your money. They are stickers and would probably be great if you never use your hands =).
I got my Snapfish book in. If you read my facebook post about a week ago, I received a Snapfish book but it was NOT mine. It was a wedding book of Kyla and Michael Meade. When I called Snapfish, they told me they would send me another book and to just recycle the other book--weird, huh. I went running around with Shannon yesterday while all our kids were at Mom's. It's always fun spending time with her. I've been to the library and book mobile a couple of times. I've tried to keep up with exercising. I'm liking exercise TV on the DVR especially Denise Austin--she moves at my pace. This cold weather makes it REAL hard to stay motivated. I can't wait until this 50 degree weather moves in this weekend. I had some skinny jeans hemmed at Mickies--I got them on sale at Macy's for nothing but they were about TWO feet to long. This is the first year for me and skinny jeans. I've tried on LOTS of pairs but never found any that worked until this year. There are two brands: Celebrity Pink and Grane that work for me--both JUNIOR sizes--WOW.


I also was able to pick up a plate at The Paintn' Place that Karson and I did a week ago. I thought Karson's new EASTER plate turned out cute. My plate collage is so fun. I hope to line the walls of my kitchen one day with all their plates (and holidays).


(5) MATT: I'll let the video speak for itself. I love that Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance" is playing the background--completely appropriate on lots of different levels.


(6) PARTY OF FIVE: we went on a Valentine's date today beginning with lunch at Pizza Hut and a movie Gnomeo and Juliet. We've had a super, snowy winter week at home!!!
**I know this is hodgepodge post, but my brain is hodgepodge right now.

2 comments:

  1. Fun times! I can't say that I'm jealous of the snow, but I'm glad that you all are having so much great family time! And wow--Karson has been busy! I love reading about all of her plans and accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hodge-podge! Fun video.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for peeking into our lives and better yet, taking the time to comment. I love knowing I actually have readers out there.