Monday, July 28, 2014

Shoe Tying Fool


Mark Thursday, July 17, in the books.  It was a monumental day and moment for the youngest Deaton in our family.  Early that  morning, Miles and I had come to blows about him being old enough to start tying his shoes.  He's a stubborn little guy and hasn't wanted to learn - truly no different than the other two at that age.  I told him that by the time he starts 2nd grade, he should know how to tie his shoes.  He can ride a bike with no training wheels.  He can swing with no help, swims underwater and jumps off the diving board like a champ.  Tying shoes should be simple for him.  Anyone that has a stubborn child (and most of us do), know how challenging teaching them new, tricky tasks can be.  We started with the basics of just crossing the laces over and looping them - easy, right?  Wrong.  That step took forever.  I had to take the kids over to my parents house and told them what happened (Miles was in mood and so was I).  Dad grabbed some loose show laces and pulled Miles aside for some one-on-one training.  I went to work that morning and by the time I came home that afternoon, he was almost a pro.  He was super proud of himself, and I was too. He's getting more and more complex with his skills, even mastering the awesome double-knot.  Proud of my stubborn lil guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for peeking into our lives and better yet, taking the time to comment. I love knowing I actually have readers out there.