Matt mentioned in his sermon a few week's back - there's one sport that everyone talks about this time of the year, and that sport is high school bowling. Of course, everyone got a laugh out of the joke. Matt is South Warren's boys and girls bowling coach. Bowling season (for me) translates into single-momdom. Is momdom a word? If it isn't, it should be because I live in the world of momdom. I guess if your hubs is going to have a THIRD job (outside of teaching and ministry), being a bowling coach isn't too demanding. However, it's lots of running around for me. I feel like our house is our train station - people coming and going at all times. I have no idea what the point of all that rambling was/is except to say we are busy. We have three kids signed up for basketball. Karson is on 6th grade showcase and student lighthouse team which require both before school and after school commitments. My outlook calendar is one giant grid of practices and events. This time of the year is simply tough. However, we do get to enjoy some moments here and there like the lovely Veteran's Day program at Plano which was last Thursday night. We have the best music teacher in Bowling Green at our school. Ms. Tiffany Harrington is not only a superb educator but puts so much time and energy into all the productions at school. Our kids are fortunate having her as their music teacher.

My baby is on his third round of cavity fillings yesterday. He's got the Karson-curse on teeth. We have more money invested in his and K's baby teeth than in their savings accounts. Matt has been the primary dental-visit handler with all the appointments. However, he had bowling practice yesterday, so we had to tag team it. When I arrived at the dentist office, Matt told me that Miles had fallen asleep in the chair from the nitric. They had to wake him up and fill his cavities. He got real relaxed. They have to put the paper gauze in his mouth so he doesn't bite his tongue, cheek or lips. He felt pretty bad yesterday afternoon. Once I got some ibuprofen in him and some food, he felt much better. We only have one round left, thank goodness.
Speaking of veteran's (HAH), Meme celebrated her birthday yesterday. We had a short and sweet visit with her that afternoon because Miles wasn't feeling good. We sure do love her!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for peeking into our lives and better yet, taking the time to comment. I love knowing I actually have readers out there.