Thursday, November 6, 2014

Snaggle Pooh

Look who lost a a front tooth!  I'm quite certain Mile is our first child who lost a front tooth without a replacement tooth right behind.  Karson and Isaac both had "shark" teeth - rows behind their baby teeth.  Miles started having pain on Tuesday night and could barely eat.  Yesterday morning we had cinnamon rolls - it's our tradition on Sundays and Wednesdays (church days) to have cinnamon rolls.  The rolls are the ooey-gooey Pillsbury kind and very soft.  Miles couldn't eat them and eventually got a fork and cut them into small pieces.I decided I needed to take action and start convincing him that he needed to just let me pull the tooth out.  I had loads of persuasive arguments - you don't want to lose the tooth at school, how will you eat lunch if you are in this much pain, your tooth looks blue to me, blah blah blah.  I knew this tooth would RUIN his day if we didn't get it out.  He finally consented after three rounds of me going into the bathroom with him and trying to convince him to let me pull it.  I felt terrible for him.  He was shaking, anxious, heart racing, scared - stinkin' teeth.  Two yanks later I got it out.  He was relieved, and the tooth barely bled thankfully.  He said it didn't hurt at all and was relieved.  16 more baby teeth to go - ugh!  At least we know what to ask Santa for for Christmas, eh?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for peeking into our lives and better yet, taking the time to comment. I love knowing I actually have readers out there.