Paul and Shannon at Thunder Over Louisville.
Evan and Elizabeth, the twin 3 year olds that occupy Shannon's time these days.
My sister Shannon celebrates her 32nd birthday today. We've shared a lot of laughs and tears through the years. As a child, she gave me the famous "older sister" hair cut. All you younger siblings know what cut I'm talking about. She sprinkled the hair around my bedroom in hopes that no one would notice my bangs had shrunk to a whoppin' centimeter. We broke my parents bed jumping on it one day and hid the broken pieces underneath their dresser. In the middle of the night, CRASH, BANG, BOOM my parents bed fell to the floor. During their exam, they noticed the missing pieces. We explained in our most innocent voices that those missing pieces could be under the dresser. Shannon could seriously do anything. She is and has always been an all-star athlete (started water skiing at 4), fearless (did back flips off of our roof onto the trampoline), honest, shorter than me =), mistaken for the younger sister (hee-hee), lovely inside and out, and one of my heroes. I love you sis and am blessed having you in my life!
What an awesome tribute to your sister! Happy Birthday, Shannon!
ReplyDeleteThat Shannon is pretty awesome. I think you should keep her as a sister!
ReplyDeleteGreat post for your sister, she really is an awesome person and I'm sure a great big sister. You both are pretty high up there in my book :)
ReplyDeleteHappy belated b-day to one of my all time favorite roomates! Tell Shannon that I am wanting to get on her waiting list of people to see the next time she is in!
ReplyDelete