
Karson's mini-Hallmark tree and our gargantuan Hallmark tree (notice how ours is wedged between the furniture).
Matt and I received this Santa Claus as a wedding present. It's hand painted by one of Debbie's friends. What an amazing talent! It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around our house. I feel like I've wrapped about 100 presents which I actually enjoy. There's an art to gift-wrapping. I LOVE watching the "professionals" at the anchor stores do it so gracefully. My corners aren't crisp and perfect and my tape isn't transparent and double sided, BUT SpongeBob and Princess gift wrap aren't an option at Dillards (or Toys R Us--btw, why don't they gift wrap?). We put our tree up on Saturday and decorated it with Hallmark which my Mom started collecting in the 70's. She divided her slew up with Shannon and I once we got married. Karson has a mini-Hallmark miniature tree in her bedroom. It's only toppled over once. Both trees are brother-magnets. It would be nice to have a tree repellent spray but oh well. We've only lost a few ornaments through the years. I've managed to replace them with the 1/2 price after Christmas Hallmarks, and eBay has loads of them. Melissa D. graciously took the kids Christmas photos this afternoon. I can hardly wait to see them.
My favorite ornament called "A Santa-Full". Santa has cookies in his belly. That adorable glowing Santa in the background was made by my sweet grandmother and some ladies from her church. They also make Halloween pumpkins and Christmas trees (below).Isaac's favorite Hallmark is "Buzz" which makes a fun laser sound. This will probably be Buzz's first and last Christmas. Miles loved the Christmas ornament boxes.
Hiding in the Christmas tree box. I wish I loved boxes as much as my kids do.
Carefully selecting the ornaments.
Matt piecing together our green pipecleaner. It's prelit and requires very little maintenance. I prefer real trees. My family always had artificial ones growing up. When Matt and I married, we got real trees the first couple of years. I love the smell, the look, everything. BUT, things changed when we got two dogs, had three kids and I needn't say more. It's just to much of a hassle, but I'm looking forward to getting real trees again in the future. They are worth the effort (but you can't store them in the attic, they aren't prelit besides bird droppings, and we don't own a truck which is why we didn't mulch this year).
Carefully selecting the ornaments.
Matt piecing together our green pipecleaner. It's prelit and requires very little maintenance. I prefer real trees. My family always had artificial ones growing up. When Matt and I married, we got real trees the first couple of years. I love the smell, the look, everything. BUT, things changed when we got two dogs, had three kids and I needn't say more. It's just to much of a hassle, but I'm looking forward to getting real trees again in the future. They are worth the effort (but you can't store them in the attic, they aren't prelit besides bird droppings, and we don't own a truck which is why we didn't mulch this year). 






Is that your husband in the background of the last picture? Is he HELPING?!? Teach me your trick, PLEASE!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you all had lots of fun putting up the tree. Within the first 3 hours Garrett unwrapped a gift, tore ornaments off the tree and the kicker - broke a snow globe and we reached him right before he put the glass sharred leftovers in his mouth! But it was so fun watching both!
ReplyDeleteOur tree, like yours, is also wedged into the corner. When we remodeled our house we leveled the floors, so now it is near impossible to get the star to fit on top! Drew has a mini tree this year too, my "old apartment days Christmas tree". I too, am also impressed with the husband in the background helping!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm loving all the Christmas stuff. I'm slowly but surely getting decorated. I did have the "come to Jesus" meeting with my two little elves about how:
ReplyDeleteDinosaurs were NOT climbing the tree or touching the lights or unwrapping presents or basically touching anything that looked inviting...poor little elves, they never get to have any fun.
I have one of those little lit up clear Christmas trees made out of safety pins and beads, too! Wow! Mine came from Georgia. Where'd you get yours. People ask me all the time where they can get one!
ReplyDelete