Sunday, November 11, 2007

Through the Years

Around this time last year, our SONY VAIO computer crashed. We lost EVERYTHING from word documents, Quicken files, templates, and sadly enough all our digital photos. I felt like my life fell apart that day. We went to Best Buy and purchased a hard drive recovery kit and were hoping to recover something but had no luck. Our system was erased. Matt fortunately had a laptop computer with a few stored photos on there. I thought I would share a few of those special photos that I now miss having.

Karson's emergence into the world. Our lives forever changed.


I used this photo in our Christmas card announcing her birth.

I used this photo on her 1st birthday invitation.

Isaac was and is one of the happiest children. I took this photo shortly after his birth and used it on his birth announcement.

His hair was ULTRA curly for some odd reason and now is like astro-turf (you know the kind of hair that beads up water but doesn't actually soak it in). He was SuperMan his 1st Halloween.
I had his photo made at 18 months and one with him and Karson before baby Miles arrival.
P.S. I have a friend who recently had a SONY VAIO that crashed. Buyer beware =(. I cannot urge the importance of backing up files on your computer faithfully!!!

5 comments:

  1. Girl - I can sympatize with you losing everything when your computer crashes!! It has happened to me not once but twice! You would think I would have learned the first time ;) Thanks for sharing your memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be devastated if that happened to me. I'm a pictureaholic. I don't have a digital camera, so I guess I'm safe. I do scan my favorites, though, and would be sad if that were lost.

    Have a good week, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too lost great photos due to a hard drive crash... it's a real bummer! Great post! Miss you.... let's do Panera Bread sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate that you lost photos. These are so cute though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute pics! Your kids are just so beautiful!

    I have never experienced a crash, but I think this is a good reminder for me. I have about 5,000 pics stored, and I DON'T want to lose them...I'll back them up now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for peeking into our lives and better yet, taking the time to comment. I love knowing I actually have readers out there.