Monday, January 28, 2008
Prayers
Matt and I made a trip to the ER in the wee hours of the morning with Miles. It's a rare occasion for Miles to cry out in the middle of the night and even more rare that one of us would arouse from our slumber and check on him. He began crying around 1:30 this a.m. and wouldn't settle down. I decided to get up since it had been a while and felt that motherly tug to check on him. I'm glad I did. He was gasping/panting for air. I'm not sure how many breaths he was taking a minute, but it sure did sound bad. I had my first asthma attack at 13 months and was fearful for him. I called for Matt, and we took him to the ER around 2:00 a.m. My gracious Mother came over and stayed with the kids while we were there. RANDOM THOUGHT: I felt like Will Smith in the movie "I am Legend" driving down Scottsville Road and how weird it would be if there were no people. Once I got to the hospital, Matt and Miles were in the back. I could hear him crying once I entered the ER doors, and he didn't stop--I think he totaled 2 FULL hours of crying and panting. After oxygen tests, chest x-rays, a breathing treatment and steroid, he finally settled down and fell asleep at the hospital. The doctor thinks that it could be asthma, but Miles is to young to be tested. The diagnosis is bronchiolitis and prescriptions to open his air passages. Poor baby. We were back home and back in bed by 5:30 a.m. Of course, the other kids were rarin' to go around 7:30. I had to get Karson ready for school and Isaac was ready for a game of Hungry Hippos. We need prayers for strength, energy and patience today. Thank goodness baby Miles is fine, and we're blessed with intelligent doctors and staff that can ease his pain in this scary situation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Prayers for you today, friend. Glad he's doing better.
ReplyDeleteTiff, I'm sorry you all had a rough night (and probably day, too). Poor little Miles. I'm thankful he was able to be treated. It's that RSV time of year (my dr called it bronchiolitis when Jack had it at 3), but I'm so sorry you're dealing with it, whether it's that or asthma. We'll be praying for all of you!
ReplyDeleteSorry for your rough night. Hang in there today. I've said a prayer for you!
ReplyDeleteI'll be praying for you all. Poor Miles.
ReplyDeleteI can only imagine how scary it must have been to find your baby struggling to breath! I'm so grateful God took care of Miles and put him in good hands. Bronchiolitis is what the doctor suspects Anna Kate has. We're still doing her breathing treatment 3 times a day. I'm praying that all of these sweet babies will get better SOON!!
ReplyDeleteGosh Tiffany, I think we need some prayer warriors out there for all our babies. Seems like they are all getting sick in the last week. I will prayer for you all too and a healthy household!
ReplyDeleteI will call you tomorrow, it is too late now that I am reading this. I hate that Miles is hurting! Lots of prayers for him (what a yucky time of year for the little ones)!
ReplyDeleteI just read your post and am praying the Miles is much improved today and you were able to get some much needed rest. Keep us posted.
ReplyDelete((Hugs)) Praying for baby Miles and you. Keep us posted.
ReplyDeleteGlad he is feeling better. :)
ReplyDelete