Saturday, March 1, 2008

Are You Readdddyyyyyyy?

I have been pining over what to do for my birthday this month. Should I have a nice relaxing weekend at the spa, go to Gatlinburg for a day of shopping, eat at P.F. Chang's in ritzy downtown Nashville -or- see MONSTER TRUCK JAM live at Rupp Arena? Isaac LOVES his monster trucks. He has a few in his collection.

We went to see the trucks in action Saturday in Lexington. It was quite entertaining.

Grave Digger flipped during the freestyle competition. Digger was the crowd favorite.
Devastator making wheelies.
Rap Attack (driver Dave Rappage) walking over the cars. The truck actually stayed upright over all four cars.
Destroyer which is appropriately named for it's ability to pulverize cars and eardrums. The event is LOUD. Be sure to take your plugs and cotton.

Why yes, we'll be happy to purchase that $10 program. What a deal!!!

Pap covering Isaac's ears. I love the look on Isaac's face.
My sweet Karson and I will be attending some interesting events with two baby brothers.
--------------------------
Matt and I left early for Lexington. I wanted to see my cousin Lyndi who had a baby two weeks ago named Katie Isabella (KatieBell).
Matt and I posing with Katie.

Randy, my Uncle Ron holding Katie, and Lyndi.

*I should clarify that my birthday isn't until the end of this month.*

8 comments:

  1. I love Matt's face in the third picture and I love that you are using the monster truck lingo. I absolutely can't wait until Cole is big enough to love this stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say, this probably isn't how I would want to spend my birthday.....but then as I type this I remember that last year for my birthday, I took Emmaline to see the Doodlebops. What we do for our babies *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious!!!! So, did you get to do anything relaxing for your birthday????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how we are jealous! I am glad you all had a great time and a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're a better woman than me...but I knew that already. :) Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure that Isaac had a fit over it! Happy birthday! I love the pics. Seems like it was a good time. I am glad that the whole Deaton clan could come along.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a hoot! Between you and Melissa D, I am trying to decide who is more red. :-) I love that you would spend your birthday doing something fun with your guys though...that's what life is about. Like my birthday when I got a huge outdoor inflatalble snow globe because Natalie Kate picked it out all by herself. That definitely goes down in the books as one of my best birthday gifts ever...not to mention puts me in the "red" club with you and Melissa. At least I am in good company!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, looks like lots of (boy) fun! I'm sure that we'll be going to see this next.... maybe next Valentine's Day or something!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for peeking into our lives and better yet, taking the time to comment. I love knowing I actually have readers out there.