Friday, May 2, 2008

Preschool Photo Session

Ms. Melissa DeVries did a fabulous job on Greenwood Park EEP's spring photos. I had to showcase this photo of my 2007-2008 bunch. There are times when I question my decision to work part-time as a preschool teacher, but I, honestly, get a great deal of satisfaction from it. This job has allowed me to be with my children who get to attend EEP for free while receiving a paycheck that goes into our "fun money" account (a.k.a. an envelope of moola in the underwear drawer). I have also formed some wonderful friendships with the ladies I work with, the parents that allow me to influence their kids, and the precious preschoolers who truly understand how to live in the moment. Years back I read the book "Making Children Mind Without Losing Yours" (I started reading LOTS of disciplining books when Karson was about 15-18 months old), and I feel like this title appropriately states how I feel in this chapter of my life.

5 comments:

  1. I hope you're still teaching preschool when Zoe makes it to that age!!! Those kiddos are blessed to have you for a teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your shirt in this pic. You do such a great job with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful pic! I'm sure you're really making a lasting impact on those kids... I still have vivid memories of and lots of affection for my pre-school teachers. I only hope God will provide someone as special as you for my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It takes a special person to work with young children, plus you have 3 of your own. You are a blessing to the parents of the children you teach, and although you may not always feel like you make a difference or you could pull you hair out, you are VERY respected and loved for what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picture of you, Tiff! And the picture itself is excellent! Those children are so blessed to have you...you're creative and loving...a perfect fit!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for peeking into our lives and better yet, taking the time to comment. I love knowing I actually have readers out there.